Speakers: Drs. Geeta Swamy and Christina Han
Recorded: November 2019
Pregnant and postpartum women are at high risk of serious complications of seasonal and pandemic influenza infection. It is critical that maternal-fetal medicine subspecialists and other obstetric care providers identify influenza in pregnant women and understand the treatment protocol. Tune in to hear Dr. Christina Han interview Dr. Geeta Swamy on best practices in managing and treating influenza in pregnancy.
Additional resources related to influenza in pregnant women:
1) NEW! SMFM's "Flu Facts" is a no-cost patient handout with evidenced-based information for pregnant women and their families.
2) NEW! SMFM's "Vaccines During Pregnancy" infographic is available at no-cost and addresses the flu shot and TDAP.
3) SMFM Endorses AGOG's Committee (Opinion #753, October 2018), "Assessment and Treatment of Pregnant Women With Suspected or Confirmed Influenza"
4) SMFM and ACOG's Algorithm Assessing and Treating Influenza-Like Illness During Pregnancy
5) Influenza Prevention Resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)