Coding Course for MFMs - Spring 2022
Recorded On: 04/29/2022
- Non-member - $600
- Regular (MFM) - $500
- Resident - $410
- Associate - $500
- Associate - Fellow - $410
- Medical Student - $410
- Practice Professional - $410
- Honorary - $410
- Emeritus - $500
- Affiliate - $410
- Internal - Free!
- NPWH - Allied Affiliate Membership - $410
You must complete both the survey and the evaluation in order to earn CME or CEU credits and print the certificate for this course. Below are the general course description and objectives.
Physicians, MFM Practice Managers, and MFM Billing/Coders may not be aware of all current billing recommendations as determined by the SMFM Coding committee. As MFM Coding is very specialty specific, this course is designed to train providers on the proper use of inpatient/outpatient E&M codes, ultrasounds, and modifier usage. We will also review the new 2021 E/M updates with the goal of helping attendees understand how the changes to the codes will impact their practices. We will provide attendees with information regarding resources on the SMFM Coding website, but also a copy of the Coding Manual for 2022.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review ICD-10 codes and the basics of obstetric imaging CPT codes and MFM procedure-based codes to establish a uniform fund of knowledge for course participants
- Review the basics of inpatient obstetric billing including deliveries
- Learn the 2021 changes to outpatient E&M coding
- Learn when and how modifiers are utilized for inpatient & outpatient procedures
- Understand the differences in coding when working with medical trainees